previous

Burlington Arcade

      Built in 1819 for Lord Cavendish the owner of the adjoining Burlington House, Burlington Arcade today still has it’s own traditional top-hatted security staff and has a reputation as a place for serious shopping.

      A poltergeist, apparently known as ‘Percy’ haunted a leather goods shop in the arcade in the 1970’s.

       When the staff came to work in the morning they never knew if everything was as they left it the night before, or if Percy had paid a nocturnal visit, removing items from their shelves and arranging the various wares in meticulously neat patterns on the floor.

       After a few months this strange activity ceased as abruptly as it had commenced.



Prints - please email for details

Burlington Arcade
Photograph © Anthony Bliss 2004